ABA Certificate in Trust: Intermediate
Ideal for individuals with some field experience who have mastered the concepts introduced in the foundational trust certificate. The certificate provides a more sophisticated understanding and further knowledge of the tools available to a fiduciary, covering estate planning, trust administration, investment management concepts and ethical behavior.
For those wishing to earn the CTFA professional designation, the ABA Certificate in Trust: Intermediate satisfies the second of three levels of study required to sit for the exam.
You must complete the following courses:
- A Guide to Ethics in Financial Planning
- A Guide to Ethics in Tax Law & Tax Planning
- Account Acceptance and Termination
- Basic Characteristics of a Trust
- Bond Selection and Analysis
- Discretionary Distributions
- Duties and Powers of the Trustee
- Estate Planning to Achieve Client Goals
- Fiduciary Income Tax
- Fiduciary Law
- Fundamentals of Life Insurance
- How Trusts are Taxed
- Investment Policy
- Investment Products
- Stock Selection and Analysis
- Types of Insurance
- Understanding Transfer Tax.
The estimated time to complete the 17 required courses is approximately 18 hours.