ABA Certificate in Trust: Foundational
Individuals can earn this certificate designed for those who need to establish or strengthen their understanding of basic wealth management and trust principles. The ABA Certificate in Trust: Foundational provides an introduction to estate planning, trust administration, investment management concepts and ethical behavior.
For those wishing to earn the CTFA professional designation, the ABA Certificate in Trust: Foundational satisfies the first of three levels of study required to sit for the exam.
You must complete the following courses:
- A Guide to Ethics in Fiduciary and Trust Activities
- A Guide to Ethics in Investments
- Estate and Guardian Administration
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Introduction to Investment Management
- Introduction to IRAs
- Introduction to Planning for Retirement Assets
- Introduction to Trust Administration
- Minimizing Fiduciary Risk and Litigation
The estimated time to complete the 9 required courses is approximately 10 hours.