ABA Residential Mortgage Lending Certificate
Mortgage Loans are a core product for most banks. Despite the slew of new regulations, customers continue to buy and refinance their homes and they expect their bank will provide them a variety of mortgage options to meet their needs.
The ABA Residential Mortgage Lender Certificate provides a solid understanding of banking, credit analysis, and legal principles that support the mortgage process. In keeping with evolving customer preferences, the certificate underscores relationship sales skills in addition to the mechanics of a mortgage loan, thereby preparing loan officers to be successful in growing their book of business while helping their bank acquire a deeper share of wallet.
The certificate is designed for aspiring mortgage lenders and those individuals new to the mortgage area of the bank, including mortgage loan clerks, loan processors, and closers.
NEW: A free companion course has been added to the Certificate. Pre-Information on TILA-RESPA for AllRegs Mortgage Courses provides a brief fact sheet: “TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure: What Does It Mean For You”.
You must complete the following courses:
- Banking Basics*
- Appraisal Procedures**
- Basics of Mortgage Processing**
- Completing the HUD-1**
- Discovering FHA Programs**
- Effective Client Referrals
- Elements of Title Insurance**
- Essentials of Mortgage Lending**
- Ethical Issues for Bankers
- Explaining Loan Modifications**
- Gathering the Facts on Mortgage Fraud**
- Mortgage Customer Counseling and Prequalification
- Personal Tax Return Analysis
- Preparing the Closing Disclosure**
- Preparing the Loan Estimate**
- Processing and Underwriting Credit**
- Processing Income and Assets**
- Reviewing the Appraisal Report**
The estimated time to complete these 18 courses is approximately 26 hours. Students have access to the curriculum for 1 year from date of purchase.
*Course waived if Banking Fundamentals or Principles of Banking has been taken.
**These courses are offered through a partnership with AllRegs, a leader in residential mortgage lending.