20 Legal Account Ownerships, Titles, Sample Signature Cards and Legal Documentation
Recorded: May 2, 2019 - $345 for the CD-Rom and Handouts
Thursday, May 2, 2019
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm CT
Recommended for 2.5 CE Credits
This program is an A-Z on account ownership and documentation. We will go from single party accounts to the more complex type of business accounts. It is a must for anyone who opens or manages the new account functions. Your financial institution’s signature card, documentation and authority procedures can create big liability when you do not understand the type of ownership and the checks that go with these accounts.
- How to open and document personal accounts, fiduciary accounts and business accounts
- How setting up accounts improperly can create liability for your financial institution
- Creating consistency in your organization on how accounts are opened
- Signature Card danger zones and what can go wrong
- How CIF systems can create errors in ownership and signature card conflicts
- How to add owners, make changes and other issues after the account is opened
- How to follow the authority trail established in the paperwork
- What can attorney-in-facts do and not do on individual accounts
- How to change business accounts signers and owners
- And much, much more…
Who Should Attend:
This webinar will benefit new accounts representatives, call service representatives, branch managers, assistant branch managers, branch administration, deposit operations, BSA CIP personnel, training and anyone who works with or manages the new account function.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.