Commercial Lending 6/17/19
This course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to be an effective commercial lender. After successfully completing this course, you will be able to: explain why good human relations skills are critically important to the successful lending officer in many stages of the commercial lending process; identify the functions of the loan interview and credit investigation; describe how the borrower’s financing needs and business type can affect the structuring of a loan; list important elements of loan documents and describe their functions; and name some warning signs of problem loans and identify ways that you can prevent problem loans.
Textbook chapter topics include:
- The Commercial Lending Process and Initial Business Development Calls
- Credit Investigation and Assessing Industry, Market, and Management Risk
- Loan Policies and Procedures, Including Credit Risk Ratings
- Loan Packages and Credit Write-Ups
- Commercial Loan Structuring
- Identifying Viable Secondary and Tertiary Sources of Repayment
- Key Documents, Loan Agreements, and Covenants
- Loan Pricing and Negotiating
- Problem Loans
Audience: Designed for entry-level commercial lending officers, loan officer trainees, or personnel supporting commercial lending officers.
Prerequisites: Students are REQUIRED to take Analyzing Financial Statements prior to taking the Commercial Lending course.
The Commercial Lending course is ACE recommended for College Credit Transfer!