Business Math 8/19/19
This course provides a comprehensive coverage of personal and business related math topics. After successfully completing this course, you will be able to: understand how ratios, payments, interest, etc. are calculated; understand how gross and net pay are calculated; understand the different types of banking accounts and how business math applies to them; calculate loan payments and interest; understand the cost of credit; calculate mortgage payments, including insurance costs; calculate life insurance premiums; estimate technology costs; and understand employee recruitment expenses, including the cost of part-time vs. full-time employees.
The Business Math textbook chapter topics include:
- Whole Numbers: How to Dissect and Solve Word Problems
- Banking Equations
- Solving for the Unknown: A How-To Approach for Solving Equations
- Percents and Their Applications
- Discounts: Trade and Cash
- Markups and Markdowns
- Calculating Various Types of Employees’ Gross Pay
- Simple Interest
- Promissory Notes, Simple Discount Notes, and the Discount Process
- Compound Interest and Present Value
Audience: Anyone wishing to sharpen their business math skills
The Business Math course is ACE recommended for college credit transfer!