Make a Difference Train Smarter
Courtyard by Marriott Madison East/ 2502 Crossroads Dr. / Madison, WI 53718 / 9:00am – 4:00pm
This one day train the trainer event is a MUST for everyone that trains others! Are you tired of staff complaining about ALL THE MANDATORY training they are expected to complete? Does it frustrate you when you see people skip the content of online training and rush through the test? You expect your people to learn, so we are going to put complaining on a diet at your company!
A big way to curb training-resistance is to elevate morale. “Good job” goes a long way, but this workshop will also show you ways to reduce job dissatisfaction and increase productivity through effective training. You will learn how to prepare to train smarter with proven, practical and creative solutions and techniques.
During this program, you will discover how to design training that promotes learner involvement. We will tell you why you need to stop throwing as much information as you can at your trainees. You will also learn the proper use and purpose of training manuals.
Training should be more than a checkmark on an attendance list! We will look at how everyone at your organization plays a role in training and teach you how you should explain your learning culture and why you should make it a part of your new-hire interviews and annual evaluations.
What You Will Learn:
- Solicit and keep the support of top management
- Help the supervisor understand their role in making training stick
- Conduct a needs- and audience- analysis to determine who, what, why, how, and when
- Why it’s important to engage key partners
- Identify measurable learning objectives
- Apply adult learning principles
- Take the sting out of mandatory, online training
- Stop procrastinating and launch your design for a training program
- Establish an environment that is conducive to learning
- Set-up fun and creative content opportunities for learner engagement
- Discover and use learner-centered training methods
- Evaluate the results of your training using a proven method
- Identify key components of face-t0-face training
- Best practices for conducting webinars, phone seminars, and video conferencing
Who Should Attend: Anyone with responsibility for training others. Anyone expected to support trainers.
Speaker: Honey Shelton brings the best of both worlds to her speaking and training engagements. She has 30 plus years of experience as a training and quality improvement consultant for banks and banking associations across the country. Her substantial banking background includes spending three years as Executive Vice President/Chief Retail Banking Officer with a $1 billion south Texas bank.Nationally recognized as an outstanding speaker, over a half million bankers have participated in programs Honey has presented. Her depth of knowledge, enthusiasm, and compelling personality have left a lasting mark on InterAction Training, the firm she founded in 1983.
As a graduate of the School of Bank Marketing from the University of Colorado, she realizes the value of quality education. Honey invests time as a faculty member for banking schools around the country. She is a repeat presenter for most of the state banking associations and has accumulated an impressive client list that includes over 600 banks, credit unions, and other organizations. Globally, she presented a program in the south of France for an international, energy-related firm.
Honey has a coaching practice specializing in helping others pursue professional excellence and is the author of numerous published articles and training manuals. Her first book, Coaching Yourself & Others will be released soon.
Honey continues her personal pursuit of excellence and has obtained certification in Reality Therapy from the William Glasser Institute as well as certification from the Training and Development Program at Texas A&M. She is an EverythingDiSC Certified Distributor and Trainer